I love quick and simple recipes and this banana bread or banana cake recipe is one of my absolute favorites. Now in full disclosure, I have been making this recipe for years and I do not know where I got it, probably from the internet somewhere or from friendly co-worker. Nevertheless, I’ll share this yummy version of banana bread. Plus you know I believe sharing is caring AND I like to have all my creation in one spot.
Ingredients for Banana Bread:
1 Cake Mix
4-5 ripe bananas
½ cup pecans or walnuts
That’s it! Four simple ingredients to create the most moist, delicious, banana bread ever!!!
Here are a few tips for this 4 ingredient Banana Bread
I love using Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Butter Pecan Cake Mix or Betty Crocker Super moist Vanilla Cake Mix.
The bananas should be super ripe, I mean just a few days from tossing. They are the sweetest, at this point. However; if you have semi-ripe bananas but you really want some banana bread; using a teaspoon of banana extract will kick the recipe up a notch.
I love to add some additional spices to recreate the homemade taste. A dash of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice. Along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla really adds that level of love the recipe needs.
PREPARING AND COOKING:
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Lightly grease, using an oil spray or butter (I use Pam spray or Crisco Spray) a Loaf Pan or two square cake pan or two 9 inch circle pan.
NOTE: This recipe is enough to spread evening in two 9 inch pans or 1 square pan and 1 circle pan.
– Mash bananas
– Chop nuts or purchase nuts that are already chopped. Using chopped nuts allows them to spread evenly throughout the cake.
– Include nuts and any additional spices, if desired
– Combine all the ingredients into bowl. Mix on medium speed until all ingredients are combined well. (Approx. 2 mins.)
– Pour into greased pans
– Bake for 40 minutes in loaf pan or 30-35 min in round or square pan.