Check out this super cute, very easy Crochet Headband/Turban/Ear Warmer
Using Loops and Thread yarn, which I purchased a Michael. The size can be customize depending on your head circumference and the width you would would like. Below are written instructions and a video to show you ‘How to Crochet a Headband/Turban/Ear Warmer’.
What You Will Need:
The Headband/Turban/Ear Warmer (Written Instructions)
- Measure the circumference of your head. Compare the measurement to the chart below to determine how long your foundation chain will need to be.
- You can also make a chain and then wrap it around your head to determine if it fits snug.
- Using the yarn, make a slip knot and tighten around the hook.
- Chain 50-60 chains (this will be the circumference of your head). Be sure to not pull your yarn to tight around your hook or it will be difficult to work the stitches in the foundation chain.
- Rows 2 – Ch 2 and place a Double Crochet (dc) in 3rd chain from hook and repeat the dc in each stitch of the foundation chain. Again, remember to not pull too tight or your chain will difficult to work in.
Note: To complete a dc- Yarn over, insert your hook through your chain, pull up a loop, Yarn over again pull through 2 loops, Yarn over again pull through the additional 2 loops. Leaving one loop on the hook.
- At the end of the 2nd row, chain (Ch) 2 and turn your work.
- Row 3- to the desire width of your Headband- DC in the BACKLOOP in the 2nd stitch, remember to skip the first chain from the hook, continue in each stitch. Lastly, be sure to complete a dc in the last turning chain stitch.
- This project was 5 rows
- End your project leaving a long tail (approx. 12in)
- Place the two ends together and use the tail to sew the ends together, using the yarn needle.
- Pinch the center together (the section you just sewed together) and sew it together by running a stitch from top to bottom of the section.
The Patch/Knot for Crochet Headband/Turban/Ear Warmer
- Using the yarn make a slip knot. Tighten around the hook.
- Chain 5 chains (this will be the length of your patch/know).
- Rows 2 -place a Double Crochet (dc) in 3rd chain from hook and repeat the dc in each stich of the foundation chain.
- Row 3-5 DC in the BACKLOOP in the 2nd stitch, remember to skip the first chain from the hook, continue in each stitch. Be sure to complete a dc in the last turning chain stitch.
- End the patch/knot, leaving a long tail
- Wrap the knot/patch around headband’s pinched center and sew the ends together.
- Flip the headband inside out and make sure the yarn is tucked in or weaved through the project.
Keep in mind this project is very customization. It can be modified base on the size of your head. You can change the width of you headband, the length of your headband by adjusting the starting chain and by adjusting the number of rows you crochet.