I was in need of a Simple Solution to Hide TV Cords. The wall in my guestroom bared a TV and hanging cords and it was screaming for help; so I searched for a Simple Solution to Hide the TV Cords of my mounted TV. Thanks to Pinterest, I came across an image of what I later recreated.
Check out my simple solution for hiding T.V. cords for less than $10, without destroying my wall.
Materials Needed for a Simple Solution to Hide TV Cords:
- 1×4 – Cut to desired size (this will vary based on the size of your TV)
- Staple Gun
- Nails or Thumb Tack ( To hang canvas art/frame)
- Measure and cut the 1×4 wood to desired size
- Secure the 4 pieces of wood together with wood glue or nails
- Use fabric to cover the frame.
- Spread out the fabric and place the wood frame on top.
- Pull tight and work for side to side to staple the fabric to the wood frame
- Hang the canvas frame on the wall
- Cut a hole in the fabric to pull the cords through
- Position TV on top of the frame
- Most hardware stores will cut the wood for free. Also, you can look for scrape pieces of wood that can be purchase at a reduced price.
- I used a curtain that I found on a clearance table. The curtain served as a pre-measured piece of fabric and I created my wood frame using the curtain measurements. If you want to purchase from a fabric store just measure the fabric that you will have about 4-6 inches on each side of the TV. This will allow the TV to have polished look on the framed canvas.
- When stapling the fabric to the wood frame. I worked from side to side to ensure the fabric was fully stretched
For visual instructions see my video:
*This project was inspired by a Pinterest post. http://thefrontpoarch.com/how-to-hide-your-tv-cables-the-hard-way.