I was in need of a Simple Solution to Hide TV Cords. The wall in my guestroom bared a TV and hanging cords and it was screaming for help; so I searched for a Simple Solution to Hide the TV Cords of my mounted TV. Thanks to Pinterest, I came across an image of what I later recreated.
Check out my simple solution for hiding T.V. cords for less than $10, without destroying my wall.
Materials Needed for a Simple Solution to Hide TV Cords:
- 1×4 – Cut to desired size (this will vary based on the size of your TV)
- Staple Gun
- Nails or Thumb Tack ( To hang canvas art/frame)
- Measure and cut the 1×4 wood to desired size
- Secure the 4 pieces of wood together with wood glue or nails
- Use fabric to cover the frame.
- Spread out the fabric and place the wood frame on top.
- Pull tight and work for side to side to staple the fabric to the wood frame
- Hang the canvas frame on the wall
- Cut a hole in the fabric to pull the cords through
- Position TV on top of the frame
- Most hardware stores will cut the wood for free. Also, you can look for scrape pieces of wood that can be purchase at a reduced price.
- I used a curtain that I found on a clearance table. The curtain served as a pre-measured piece of fabric and I created my wood frame using the curtain measurements. If you want to purchase from a fabric store just measure the fabric that you will have about 4-6 inches on each side of the TV. This will allow the TV to have polished look on the framed canvas.
- When stapling the fabric to the wood frame. I worked from side to side to ensure the fabric was fully stretched
For visual instructions see my video:
*This project was inspired by a Pinterest post. http://thefrontpoarch.com/how-to-hide-your-tv-cables-the-hard-way.
7 thoughts on “Simple Solution to Hide TV Cords less than $10”
Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a great job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very fast for me on Firefox. Excellent Blog!
Wow, superb weblog structure! How long have
you ever been blogging for? you made blogging look
easy. The total look of your website is excellent, let alone the content!
Absolute pure genius! I love the idea and the aesthetics of the frame to even decorate the solid wall. There is depth and dimension added as well. So glad I found this. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you. This was a fun project to create!